Another 2020 food item, that will be a staple for years to come: chimichurri sauce. We put it on everything these days. Well, not everything, but every time we have steak? So far, we have had it on a steak dinner, on carne tacos, and on top of steak and eggs. We LOVE it.
Give it a shot!
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1/3 cup of chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup of red wine vinegar
- 3 or 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup of olive oil
- red pepper flakes
*A food processor can be used to quickly chop the cilantro, parsley, and garlic.
- Combine garlic, cilantro, parsley, and red pepper flakes into a bowl. Whisk in red wine vinegar and oil.
- Add in salt and red pepper flakes to taste. Elide usually adds ~ 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes.
That’s it! It’s ready to go and is delicious over top of any meat, on vegetables, or can be used as a marinade.