Hello from quarantine! As we’ve settled into a routine and accepted reality, we have stopped binge baking and have attempted to return to cooking nutritious and creative dinners. And by we, I obviously mean Elide.
Tonight, we had shrimp spring rolls paired with summer corn soup, a new recipe Elide created! The shrimp spring rolls are an all time fav. over here, and they deserve to be shared with the world, but the recipe is complex and hard to put into words and photos, so that recipe will come another day.
This post will focus on the summer corn soup, which was so so SO delicious!!! It is not summer yet, but you are going to want to eat this all summer long, so best to give it a try now. Recipe below!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 3 ears or 3 cups of corn
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 1 jalapeño or Serrano pepper
- 1 small potato peeled and cut into quarters
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups of vegetable stock or water
- 1 cup canned coconut milk (we used light coconut milk, but regular is fine as well)
- If using fresh corn remove corn from the cob and save the cob
- Dice onion finely
- Dice jalapeño or serrano pepper, you can leave the seeds and membrane or remove
- Spray large pot with cooking spray and sauté onions and jalapeños until onions are soft. About 3-5 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant. Should take 30 seconds to a minute.
- Add in corn, corn cobs, potatoes, stock/water, and coconut milk.
- Bring to a boil then simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Take corn cobs out of pot and add half of the soup and all of the potato to a blender and blend until smooth. Add the mixture back into rest of soup. If you have an immersion blender, leave the mixture a a bit chunky, while making sure all of the potato is blended.
- Garnish with cilantro and lime
One thought on “Summer Corn Soup”
Elide- this sounds so delicious! I’m looking forward to making it! Thanks for sharing it.
Sent from my iPhone