Hi! Okay first and foremost, these are not an Elide Original Recipe™…she was inspired by an Instagram recipe, made them for us for the Super Bowl and they were really really good, so I’m sharing.
They appeared to be super easy and fast to make, so I would recommend bringing them to any gathering. They’re basically a frozen pizza roll…that you made yourself.
See the low down below.
- Egg roll wrappers
- Pasta/Pizza Sauce
- Pepperoni (we used turkey pepperoni, but you do you)
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- Create an egg wash with your one egg and 1/4 cup of water
- Put all of your ingredients mis-en-place
3. Put roughly 3 tbsp of cheese, a drizzle of sauce, and 4 pepperoni in the center of one egg roll wrapper
4. Brush the egg wash on the edges of the wrapper
5. Roll your egg roll into a little egg roll burrito
6. Collect all your little egg roll burritos on a cooking sheet or bowl
7. Cook your egg roll burritos! We have an air fryer and are madly in love with it, so that is where Elide cooked ours. In the air fryer, put it on 370 and cook it for 10 minutes, flipping them at the half way mark. If you’re cooking it in the oven, pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees and cook for 10-14 minutes, again flipping them halfway through
8. That’s it! Serve with some extra sauce for optimum deliciousness