I personally have never been one who would like brag about hummus. I’ve had some good hummus, but I’ve never like craved it, really wanted it as a snack. That is, until Elide made hummus from scratch.
One of our friends Ashlee commented on the original hummus Instagram post, back from 2017 (TBT), that she hadn’t even thought of making your own hummus….and I’d have to say, I was in the same boat! Who knew all you basically need is some chickpeas (or garbanzo beans if you’re classy)!
Elide’s recipe is SUPER easy, SUPER fast, and SUPER delicious! It is seriously SUPER. But really, this has become a go-to snack for us, and as mentioned in my intro post, I know of at least 5 other people in our lives who this has become a staple for them.
Recipe below…give it a shot, and feel free to customize lemon and garlic to your liking. We loveeeeeeee some good garlic and lemon over here, so proceed with a bit of caution and a breath mint.
- 1 can of garbanzo beans drained (SAVE THE JUICE FOR LATER)
- 1 clove of garlic
- Juice of one lemon (have another lemon on hand, just in case)
- About 2 tablespoons of tahini paste (Elide buys hers from Trader Joe’s and it lasts forever. Very worth it.) ⠀
- a pinch of salt
- “Edible utensils” – we prefer carrots and pita. You can do pita chips…but I think the real pita is much better. (We buy Joseph’s and are very happy customers. They sell it usually in the deli section)
- Optional: olive oil and paprika
- Put the garbanzo beans, garlic, lemon juice, tahini, and salt in a food processor or blender and go to town. If it’s grainy just add a little bit of the garbanzo bean juice you set aside until you reach your desired consistency. ⠀
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and some paprika for color….and that’s it! You have delicious hummus in about 5 minutes
That’s it! If you’re going to try one recipe before you decide if you can trust this Elide girl, or not, I’d say this is it…give it a try.
2 thoughts on “Elide’s Famous 5-Minute Hummus”
I was shocked at how easy, delicious & healthy it is to make your own hummus. I am one of the “Lucky 5” who have been making this terrific recipe from Chef Elide for the past year. It’s a staple at our house too!
LikeLiked by 1 person